Are you looking for some simple Christmas care package ideas for the holiday this season? Whether your loved one is stationed abroad, attending college, experiencing health difficulties, or just a valued community member, I hope these great ideas offer some help during the holiday season. The best care packages are a great way to show your love this time of year!
When I was a college student, my great aunt used to make homemade peanut brittle for me. She would package it up in a cardboard shoebox, and send it to me five hours away. I still remember how special that simple package made me feel. I hope these care packages will help your loved one feel the same way!
Christmas Care Package Ideas for a College Student
If you are sending Christmas card packages for college kids, think about sending a little piece of home. What do they love, especially during finals season? Some simple ideas for students would be:
- a handwritten card to encourage them
- bath salts for relaxation
- DVDs of Christmas movies or a gift certificate for a streaming service
- simple Christmas decorations for the dorm room like a small Christmas tree, stocking, ornaments
- gift cards for local restaurants
- a chocolate Advent calendar
- easy peel face mask
- fuzzy socks
- coffee and coffee travel mug
- gum or hard candy
- a board game to play with roommates
Christmas Care Package Ideas for Service Members
A military care package is the perfect gift for a military member who can’t make it home for Christmas morning. You can purchase flat rate boxes from the local post office. Check shipping rates for your loved one’s area to check how much weight you can send.
Some great ideas for a military care package can include:
- holiday card signed by all of your family members
- a variety of hot sauce options
- photos in plastic picture frames
- handwritten cards from children
- favorite cookies or brittles
- playing cards
- drink mixes like hot chocolate, hot tea
- lip balm
- small size favorite toiletries
- a good book written by a favorite author
- hard candy
Christmas Care Package Ideas for a Sick Friend
Sick friend care package ideas are one of the best ways to help lift a friend’s spirits and bring a little Christmas cheer. When making Christmas gift baskets or packages, try to remember all of her favorite things. Some Christmas gift ideas for a sick friend include:
- a handwritten note
- hot cocoa bombs
- sleep mask and earplugs
- fragrant hand lotion or essential oils
- soft pajamas
- holiday Hershey’s kisses or a high quality chocolate bar
- simple holiday decorations for a hospital room or bedroom
- a favorite magazine
- nail polish
- bath bombs
- small gifts like stemless wine glasses or nail polish gift set
- potted plant like a poinsettia or Christmas cactus
Christmas Care Package Ideas for a Best Friend
I love making best friend care packages. A good idea is to make a list of all of your favorite things you love to do together and make a list from there! Grab the prettiest gift box from a local craft store and get to filling it! Think about favorite foods from the local grocery store and your favorite girlfriend date night activities to make great gifts.
You could even consider a themed care package for your Christmas care package ideas!
Coffee lovers might like: a gift certificate to local coffee shops, cute mugs, and favorite coffee syrups.
Enthusiastic readers could appreciate a favorite book, beautiful bookmarks, a subscription for borrowing digital books, a journal to record their thoughts about each reading.
Fashionable friends might love some great earrings, a statement necklace, a colorful scarf, or some fun socks!
Be sure to include some favorite snacks and a heartfelt card with your holiday gifts. So much fun!
Christmas Care Package Ideas for Postal Workers
Our postal workers and delivery people do so much fun to keep us connected to one another. Consider making a Christmas care package to let him know you appreciate his service, especially over Christmas break. Be sure to include a note of appreciation which will go a long way with any community worker. A huge hit for a holiday care package might include:
- gift cards for a local favorite restaurant
- a wrapped chocolate bar
- snack box filled with local favorite delicacies, like popcorn, flavored syrups, oils, or chocolates
- a specialty ground coffee with a holiday mug
- Santa hat with beautiful ornaments
I hope this list of Christmas care package ideas for the holidays helps you as you prepare for the Christmas season. For more fun ideas for this beautiful season, check out my other posts.
Be sure to sign up for my free meal planner below to help plan your weekly meals during the winter months! Merry Christmas!