Hi, I’m Lauren and I love writing about traveling with your family, cooking delicious meals and reading fantastic books! I hope you find encouragement for your daily routines and helping planning your next great trip with your crew while you are here.
My goal is to help women remember the small pleasures in life to live life more fully. My life motto is “small hinges swing big doors.” Meaning, life is all about making small changes and celebrating the small things to lead to bigger, richer experiences. So whether those small moments are a great trip, movie nights with your kids, eating a simple healthy dinner, or just reading a great book with some sweet tea, I am there for it.
My background is in education and travel. I have worked in a variety of classrooms, from charter, private, public and even homeschooling from grades 1-6. Also, my experience includes working with a large children’s book publisher, aligning the best literary products on the market to various state’s standards.
I also work as a travel planner, helping families plan memorable trips. I especially enjoy Disney travel, including Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise Line. I love helping families make wonderful memories!
Here are a few fun facts about me!
- I was born in South Carolina, hence the name of my site being “The Palmetto Mom.” (The state tree of SC.)
- My home has been in nine different states.
- My family includes my very supportive husband and four young kiddos.
- Don’t try to talk to me without morning coffee with hazelnut creamer because coffee is life.
- Hot dogs are gross.
- When I get stressed, I organize closets.
- My favorite book genre is biography.
- Audrey Hepburn is the classiest person that walked the planet.
- I am usually always facing forward, hence I am always looking to the next adventure.
- Choosing ice cream or cake? Always ice cream!
Thanks for joining me! I hope you find encouragement here!