Do you need some tips for planning your next girls’ trip to Walt Disney World resort? First tip….do it! This magical place is the perfect place to get away with your girlfriends and leave all of the stresses of the daily grind behind. There are some things to consider before planning your girls’ trip so check out this post to consider the best plan for the “happiest place on Earth!”
Best Resorts for a Girls’ Trip to Walt Disney World
When you are planning your next Disney trip, consider which Disney resort hotels would be the best option for you and your friends. What’s important to you? How close do you want to be to the parks? How much time will spend at the resort? What is your budget? Before making hotel reservations, talk to your close friends and decide which option is best for you. Also consider using a travel agent specializing in Disney vacations (like me!) to help you decide. It’s no extra cost to you and you gain our expertise!
Here are some of our favorites!
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort – Close the the streets of Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Grand Floridian resort puts you right in the middle of the Disney magic. We love this resort for the beautiful grounds, being able to walk to Magic Kingdom, and the great dining reservations you can grab within the resort. Our favorites include Narcoossee’s, Grand Floridian Café, and Citricos.
- Beach Club – If your favorite Disney parks include Epcot and Hollywood Studios, make sure to check out Disney’s Boardwalk resorts. You can walk from your hotel room to either park or ride the lovely Friendship Boats. The Skyliner is also right outside of your door. The dining can’t be beat in the Boardwalk area. I love Cape May Cafe, Trattoria al Forno, and Beaches and Cream (for a delicious ice cream treat!) If Epcot is hosting one of its amazing festivals or special events, like Flower and Garden Festival, Food and Wine Festival, or Candlelight Processional, it is a perfect location. Such a great time in the Boardwalk area!
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter – If you want to stay in a beautiful moderate resort, consider Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter for your girls getaway weekend. It’s a lovely smaller hotel with a Louisiana flair. You can even grab beignets here and take a horse-drawn carriage ride! I also love that you can use boat service to Disney Springs for delicious dining at restaurants like The Boathouse or Wine Bar George. All perfect for a girlfriends’ trip!
- Pop Century – Pop Century is a great value option for a girls’ trip. Right on the Skyliner, you can easily access Hollywood Studios and Epcot. You can also hop on and enjoy fantastic dining at the Riviera Resort (another one of my favorites – see my review of Topolino’s Terrace!) I love the over the top theming of this resort option and the playful feel of the pools.
Best Things to Do in the Theme Parks for a Girls’ Trip to Walt Disney World
What to do in on a girls’ trip to Walt Disney World in the theme parks? Fill it with all of the fun activities and the best rides. The best thing is you don’t have to worry about packing snacks for the kids or keeping them occupied in the lines! Make sure to link your park tickets in your My Disney Experience account and make your park reservations beforehand. Talk with your best friends and discuss your favorite things to do in the theme parks, especially if it is a friend’s first time to experience them. The planning is a great way to get excited about your trip!
Here are a few of our favorites in each park:
- Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a walk down Main Street, take a pic with Mickey Mouse!
- Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari
- Hollywood Studios: Explore Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, Rise of the Resistance, fly the Millennium Falcon at Smuggler’s Run, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Rockin’ Roller Coaster and Twilight Zone Terror of Terror, Toy Story Land
- Epcot: explore World Showcase, snag a ride on Test Track, Frozen Ever After, Soarin’ and Spaceship Earth (a classic!)
Best Dining for a Girls’ Trip to Walt Disney World
If you are heading to Disney World with girlfriends, take advantage of the amazing dining on property, both in the parks and at the resorts. Remember, you do not have to be staying at a resort to make dining reservations at the hotels, so get out and explore! This is when I have had the best quality time with girlfriends, over a delicious meal with no interruptions. Our favorite dining reservations include:
Sana’a at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sana’a offers an amazing time. The bread service is delicious, along with the butter chicken. I love dining where I can see the animals from Animal Kingdom right outside the window. Make sure to leave time to explore Animal Kingdom Lodge during your visit!
‘Ohana at Polynesian Resort. Yes, it’s worth all of the hype. Those noodles and potstickers have earned their reputation. If you can score an evening reservation and take in the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the restaurant, that is the best part! After a full day in the parks, this is one of our favorites on a girls’ trip or a family trip.
Grand Floridian Café at Grand Floridian Resort. If you want to experience the Grand, make sure to check out the café for dining. It is delicious and it is the perfect, quiet spot to relax and get away from the business of the parks. We love to snag this one on a Magic Kingdom day. Just walk over or take the monorail from the parks and enjoy the beauty of this resort.
Via Napoli at Epcot. Ahh, Via Napoli pizza is a sign you are living your best life! If you haven’t filled up from snacking around the World Showcase, it is a definitely worth a stop here.
Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen Ok, I’m not quite sure why the name has to be so complicated, but if you are looking for a great sit down option in the Magic Kingdom, this is it. I love the servers with their Jungle Cruise humor, and the steak salad is always on my list!
Best Special Events for a Girls’ Trip to Walt Disney World
Be sure to check out special events and live entertainment options for your next Disney World trip. If you feel like you have done it all before, consider a fireworks cruise or a tour like Marceline to Magic Kingdom. Take in the luau at the Polynesian (when they return) or the Hoop Dee Doo Revue Show at Fort Wilderness!
Best Snacks for a Girls’ Trip to Walt Disney World
Ahh, Disney World snacks. The highlight of any family vacation or trip with the girls! Some of our favorite snacks that we always add to the list: Dole Whip and churros in Magic Kingdom, pretzels from Germany in Epcot, maple popcorn from Canada, carrot cake cookie in Hollywood Studios, and of course a Mickey bar (or a Mickey sandwich – what do you like?)
I hope this post encourages you to plan your next trip to Disney World with girlfriends. Remember, you can always reach out to a travel agent (like me!) who specializes in Disney vacations to help you plan your trip. We work for you, at no additional cost, to help you make great plans for your next adventure!
Remember, to hop over to my other posts on Disney travel for all of your planning needs. Have a magical trip!