Enjoy this delicious and simple slow cooker pork tenderloin and mushrooms recipe when you want to get something delicious and easy prepped for dinner for your whole family! This recipe can be served over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. You may use pork tenderloin or a pork roast, depending on what you have available.
My friend Shawn’s mom developed this recipe for slow cooker pork tenderloin, and when I tried it for the first time, I was a little skeptical. Imagining the ingredients together, I couldn’t quite tell if I would care for it. However, wow! It was delicious, and we have returned to it over and over again throughout the years. This is one of our favorite recipes around our house! Try this one next time you need a quick and easy crock pot pork tenderloin recipe.
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe Adaptations
You can serve the recipe for slow cooker tender pork tenderloin with or without the fresh mushrooms, but I would encourage you to try it with the mushrooms. It is an easy way to add a great depth of flavor. You could also adapt the recipe with slow cooker pork chops, if you prefer.
For the red wine in the pork tenderloin recipe, pick any kind you like! It doesn’t have to be the best brand, but if you want to use the same one you will drink later, you will have plenty left after prepping the recipe. Not a fan of red wine? You can always substitute beef broth in its place. It helps to make a delicious mushroom gravy to serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
If you are looking for an alternative to the cream of mushroom soup or golden mushroom soup in the recipe, find a great recipe for a homemade option here. I do suggest using the regular creamed soup recipe versus a reduced fat soup. It does make a difference in the creaminess in the end result.
Options for Side Dishes
There are so many yummy options for sides with this recipe for this crockpot pork tenderloin. It takes a relatively inexpensive cut of meat to the next level, for even beginner cooks. We love to serve it over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice. Complete the meal with a side of roasted asparagus or green beans and stewed apples or cranberry sauce. It’s a huge hit in our house!
If you would like another slow cooker recipe, jump here to find a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup.
How to Prepare Crockpot Pork Tenderloin
- Remove any silver skin from the tenderloins. You can place the tenderloins directly into the crockpot or you can sear them over high heat in a cast iron skillet with oil beforehand with salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Place tenderloins in the slow cooker. Cover with creamed soup, red wine, and fresh mushrooms.
- Set cook time on low for 4-6 hours or 2-3 hours on high.
- Serve tender meat with mushroom gravy with sides.
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
- slow cooker
- 2 pork tenderloins (or one pork roast)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 pack mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Spray your slow cooker with a nonstick spray. Lay pork tenderloins or roast in the bottom.
- Layer soup and wine on top of tenderloins.
- Add mushrooms to the top layer.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice.
Leave a Reply